Fighting For Your Rights
Gobind S. Sethi
Gobind S. Sethi is a dedicated client advocate working tirelessly to obtain just and favorable results for his clients. No matter the extent of a client's injury, Gobind treats each of his clients with compassion and pursues the very best result. He is always available to speak with clients and understand their concerns, especially early in the process when they feel so much uncertainty.
Gobind has been recognized by his peers for his excellent advocacy on behalf of the injured. In 2017 and 2020, Gobind was listed in Washingtonian Magazine's best lawyers list. This list is reserved for the top 2% of lawyer in each field. Gobind was listed in the field of personal injury. Gobind has also been selected by Super Lawyers every year since 2019 also in the field of personal injury.
Gobind represents injured person in cases involving auto accidents, drunk driving, pedestrian and bicycle injuries, wrongful death, falls, products liability and professional malpractice.
If he cannot obtain a fair and just settlement for his client, Gobind takes his client's case to trial. Gobind has been featured on the cover of the Virginia Lawyers' Weekly for his work on the development of punitive damages in the case of Canchola v. Coalson, a drunk-driving auto accident case for which he and his trial team received a favorable verdict that upheld by the Supreme Court of Virginia.
In addition to his pursuit of justice for his clients, Gobind is actively involved in legal organizations that promote access to justice. Gobind is a Board Governor of the Virginia Trial Lawyers' Association. He also is on the Board of Directors of the Virginia Poverty Law Center and served as President of the Board from 2017 to 2019.
Gobind has taught several continuing legal education courses in Virginia in the field of personal injury.
Gobind is a graduate of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Services, Georgetown University, and a cum laude graduate of The American University, Washington College of Law. He began his legal career as a civil defense attorney on behalf of the City of New York where he quickly developed his courtroom skills to become a highly effective advocate for his clients.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Mussey Prize, Academic Achievement
- Honors: Ruby R. Vale Interschool Corporate Moot Court Competition, First Place
- American University
- M.A., Master of Arts - 2004
- Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
- B.S.F.S. - 1998
- American University
- Major: International Affairs
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Virginia
- Crossing Guard Struck by SUV Case Settles for Victim
- Widow Receives $1 Million in Plane Crash Settlement
- Washingtonian Best Lawyers List: 2017, 2020
- Super Lawyers (Virginia): 2019, 2020, 2021
- Super Lawyers (D.C.): 2019, 2020, 2021
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2019-Present
- U.S. News & World Report, Best Law Firms, Personal Injury, Tier 1, 2015-Present
- City of New York, Assistant Corporation Counsel
- AFL-CIO, Peggy Browning Fund Labor Law, Fellow
- NAPIL VISTA Summer Fellow, Pine Tree Legal Assistance
- Virginia Poverty Law Center, Board of Directors, 2015 to 2021
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2008 to Present
- Fairfax Bar Association, 2008 to Present