Standing Up For The Injured For Over 30 Years of Collective Practice
Have you been injured in a serious motorcycle accident? Wondering what steps to take next? Let the team at Sethi & Sledd, PLLC guide you through this time. We have been advocating for injury victims for over 30 years of collective practice. Over that time, our firm has handled some of the most complicated car accident cases in the state and have an unparalleled depth of knowledge in this area.
You can trust our Virginia and DC motorcycle accident attorneys to seek justice and maximum compensation on your behalf. We are aggressive litigators and are not afraid to go to trial – we never settle a case simply because it is easier.
What Caused Your Motorcycle Accident?
Determining the cause of your accident can be the first step in holding the proper party or parties accountable. When you can identify who caused your accident and their act of negligence, you have a better chance of presenting a strong and compelling claim.
Vehicle drivers can often cause motorcycle accidents by:
- Failing to check a blind spot
- Driving aggressively or speeding
- Misjudging the speed or distance of a motorcyclist
- Following behind a motorcyclist too closely/tailgating
- Distracted driving due to talking or texting on the phone, etc.
- Drunk or impaired driving
A motorcyclist may also be injured in an accident due to defective equipment or parts, hazardous road conditions, or other issues involving third parties.
Steps After An Accident
It can be confusing and overwhelming to be involved in a serious motorcycle accident. Knowing how to handle your accident after you’ve been injured is crucial – especially when your claim for fair compensation is on the line.
Keep the following steps in mind after a motorcycle crash:
- Make sure you get immediate medical attention when necessary – don’t delay
- If you can, take pictures or videos of the scene of the accident
- Take down the names of any witnesses who are willing to talk
- Always get the contact and insurance information from the driver
- Don’t fix or repair anything on your damaged motorcycle (keep it secure and don’t tamper with it)
- Compile your warranties, owner’s manuals and other important documents for your bike
- Work with an attorney who has experience navigating injury claims
The Virginia and DC motorcycle accident lawyers at our firm go above and beyond to recover damages for medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, impaired earning capacity, lost wages and more. We are also here to answer any questions you may have. Let us put our skills to work for you.
We provide prompt, responsive communication. Contact our firm at 703-214-9671.