Fighting For Your Rights
Samantha K. Sledd
Samantha handles many kinds of personal injury cases, including auto accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, falls, and bicycle and pedestrian accidents. In particular, she has had multiple successful settlements and verdicts stemming from drunk driving collisions. From forcing big companies to reform their safety standards to holding drunk drivers accountable, Samantha's work as a relentless advocate for personal injury victims has helped Virginia and DC become better, safer communities.
Samantha has been recognized by her peers for her work in the personal injury field. She has been selected for the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in Virginia and Washington, D.C. since 2021. Only 2.5% of lawyers in Virginia and 5% in D.C. receive this distinction. Additionally, she has been selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 list since 2019.
In addition to her work on behalf of clients, Samantha is also actively involved in the legal community. She has served as co-chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Alliance for the past two years and sits on the Board of Governors to the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA). She has also helped to author multiple amicus curiae briefs on behalf of the VTLA in an effort to create better law for personal injury victims. Additionally, she has led multiple continuing education courses for fellow attorneys in the personal injury field.
Samantha is a native of Richmond, Virginia and earned her B.A. from Elon University in 2008. She obtained her law degree from Indiana University School of Law - Indianapolis in 2011 where she graduated summa cum laude. While in school, she focused much of her time on human rights and equal justice and spent a summer interning for a group of judges at the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in Arusha, Tanzania. In her free time, Samantha enjoys watching and playing various sports and activities, particularly rock climbing and volleyball, as well as traveling, gardening and spending time with her family.
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 05/2011
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Elon University
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Major: History, African/African-American Studies
- “The Little Duty That Could: A Primer on the Assumption of Duty Principle and Its Vast Applicability in the Realm of Negligence Law,” VTLA Journal, 2018
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2019-2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Virginia, 2021-2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, D.C., 2021-2022
- U.S. News & World Report, Best Law Firms, Personal Injury, Tier 1
Classes & Seminars
- “Declaratory Judgment Actions: Setting Your Client Up for Success from the Beginning,” VTLA Tort Law Seminar, May 2021
- “Dead Man’s Statute,” VTLA Wrongful Death Retreat, November 2018
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Virginia Equality Bar Association